This is my bag for on the hill. I use a lighter-weight one at base camp. I chose this one because instead of the hood, like on my base cam one, the head section is all one and my pillow fits inside it. So I sort of cocoon in it. I sleep on my side, so I find at base camp it's more comfortable to put my pillow on my airmattress, rotate the bag 90 degrees and sleep with my head on the pillow and the hood over the back of my head...can you picture that?
Weight: 2280 g
Down fill weight: 1210 g
Shell: waterproof, vapor permeable Pertex Endurance nylon
Packed: 20x45 cm
Lining: Texped PR 58 ripstop polyester
Fill: 750 fill Goose Down
Temperature rating EN 13537*
UC = 6C; CW = -11C; CM = -18C; LE = -40C
Options: Left or right zip
- Arctic Goose WB 1100 - extreme, waterproof sleeping protection
With a waterproof, welded shell (patented), Arctic Goose WB is the world‘s first, expedition grade, waterproof AND breathable goose down sleeping bag. In short, the perfect sleeping bag for situations when severe cold meets wet.
- For extremely low temperatures, or longer trips, use a vapor barrier liner to prevent condensation through body vapor from freezing. (The VBL also adds approximately 5oC of warmth).
- Tricot baffle runs along one side to prevent down shift between upper and lower surfaces.
- Oversized draft tubes and stiffeners protect zippers and prevent snags. 3 interior chambers prevent down shift.
- Big flap: zipper is supported with a large flap for added weather protection.
- Convenient, interior pocket is perfect for holding small, personal gear.
- Zipper end protected by draft blocker with extra loop.
- Adjusting cords are unique in texture and shape, and are easily distinguished... even in the dark (Great! I never noticed, I just know where they are! I'll pay more attention on this trip).
- Tuck-stitch design on Arctic Goose WB‘s interior.
- Locking zippers.
- Chin guard insulates against a cold zipper. (I didn't even know it had that until I read this!! It must work, my chin never got cold.)
- Bar-tacked stress points add strengh.
- Stuff sack is a waterproof compression bag with fold n roll closure. Just roll once, press out the air, then roll shut. (Very important for the hike in when it can rain)
- Mesh storage sack doubles for bug protection.
- Reflective, glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls (they really do glow).